Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Rod Stewart - "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy"

Rod Stewart - "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy": "As I think I've established by my posts about KISS' "Strutter `78" et al, I do kind of like disco rock. I prefer the guitars over the shimmering keys, but still the same driving four-on-the-floor beat. I also like songs with a third person narrative, which Rod employs with (little) taste here, sounding more like a steamy Danielle Steele scene than anything else...which is not to say that it's not fantastic. In fact, the whole song just sounds kind of...seedy. Oh, 70s Hedonist Rod, where have you gone? We miss you!
Almost as good: Mike Myers as an elderly Scottish dad with Coke-bottle glasses belting this tune out with bagpipe accompaniment in So I Married An Ax Murderer."

1 comment:

therockman said...

Nice review. Your readers can check out Rod Stewarts e-card with samples etc here:
Rod-Stewart-E-Card