Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Kahimi Karie - "Good Morning World"

Kahimi Karie - "Good Morning World": "You can't possibly top a petite Japanese girl whispering/cooing a song about doing what you want and greeting the world head on - with the right makeup, of course - over a Beck-like pastiche of 60s pop and 90s sampling. Not to mention that this song was also svengali'd by two men - the dirty Scot who wrote it (Momus) and the Japanese producer (Cornelious) who made it sound good. It's the ultimate plastic version of 'I'm Every Woman' and it's commercial-ready!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked "Good Morning World"!

Actually, I both wrote and produced this song; Cornelius had no input. It might be interesting to hear what he'd have done with it, though!

DJ Wallaby said...

Ah! My apologies - I pride myself on getting my song info correct, but I guess I got confused here. I think it's because there are other tracks on the (US) Kahimi self-titled album that he did produce and I mistakenly thought this was one of them. So the production kudos should go to you instead!
I'm also a fan of your work as well, so it's pretty exciting to get a blog post from you.