Friday, June 16, 2006

Spoon - "I Turn My Camera On"

Spoon - "I Turn My Camera On": "For being such a die-hard Spoon fan, I feel weird blogging about what is (arguably) their best-known song, partially because of its recent use in a Jaguar commercial. But yet I am blogging about it because the crisp drum and bass rhythm (not to be confused with drum'n'bass) and the Stones-y swagger make it sound like what 'Emotional Rescue' would have been if it was recorded about ten years earlier in the Stones' career, minus a guitar lead. It's deceptively simple, which makes little things like the tambourine and the odd keyboard hit give the track a deeper character. And, yes, I love Spoon more than anything. I want to have their babies and I can't believe I've blogged about them as little as I have!"

No comments: