Sunday, May 08, 2011

The Smiths - "Hand In Glove"

The Smiths - "Hand In Glove": "This is a slightly belated post in honor of The Eagle, my favorite bar in SF that is very sadly (and very recently) no more. Putting aside the great staff, great rock'n'roll DJs, an amazing patio and lots of other great features, there was an electic mix of live music every Thursday night that is hard to duplicate, even in SF. You could get up and coming bands, you could get drag torch singers, you could get hardcore metal...it could be anything. On The Eagle's last live music night, this song played between bands and the thrice-repeated line 'I'll probably never see you again' suddenly, sadly jumped out at me. There is indeed a void now left in my SF lifestyle that I don't know how to fill. I realize something unexpected may surprise me and pick up where The Eagle left off - but, for now, I'm just sad."

No comments: