Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pixies - "Bone Machine"

Pixies - "Bone Machine": "Yes, Doolittle is an amazing album. I love it dearly. But Surfer Rosa is the religious experience for me. It's the sound of a band going completely in its own direction and it sounds revolutionary every time I hear it. It's hard not to be blown away by an album that starts of like this - from the pounding drum/bass intro, leading into Black Francis' screams (have you listened to the lyrics? crazy and amazing!), later off-set by Kim Deal's sweet counterpart vocals. I'd think they sound like they have a cocky swagger in what they do here, but I think it's closer to dorks who don't know that they're dorks, so they have no self-awareness in what they're doing and there's nothing being held back, which makes them all the more awesome. Does that make sense???"

No comments: