Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Duran Duran - "Hold Back The Rain (US Album Remix)"

Duran Duran - "Hold Back The Rain (US Album Remix)": "When Rio first came out, I got it on cassette - and never had it any other way until I traded up for a compact disc, years later. Imagine my surprise when I found out that "Hold Back The Rain" (and several other songs, including "My Own Way") now appeared in abridged or completely alternate versions from what I knew. It turns out that the cassette version of Rio was taking advantage of the 'new' cassette format and used extended versions of tracks, as opposed to the vinyl release. That's all well and good, but overlooks the fact that the versions on the cassette were AWESOME - like this one. Now all the versions I know and love have been collected, along with the 'original' vinyl versions, on Rio (Collector's Edition). Good on ya, EMI."

No comments: