Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Aislers Set - "Army Street"

The Aislers Set - "Army Street": "I'm so happy that The Aislers Set is now in Rhapsody that I have to blog about them again! This time, it's one of my other favorite TAS songs, "Army Street". Here, the first-person narrator is so intimidated at a party she's attending that she drinks to (over-)compensate and then ultimately flees. It may sound emo, but it's painted so straight-forward that it's easy to identify with the social awkwardness that we've all felt at one point or another.
The part that really gets me every time isn't the lyrics but the guitar lead that starts at the 2:14 mark - it's a simple melody that sounds like chimes, but it just about breaks my heart every time I hear it. By the time Amy Linton's multi-track vocals kick back in, with the subtle tambourine backing, I'm completely shredded.
Now that I live in San Francisco, I know where Army Street is, so it means even more to me now than it did before."

No comments: