Monday, July 17, 2006

Freestyle 101: Debbie Deb - "When I Hear Music"

Debbie Deb - "When I Hear Music": "After tunes like this one helped me to party my way into last Friday night and the weekend, I decided to make this week a week-long Freestyle Jam. Apparently, this means way more to Southern Californians and New Yorkers than anyone else - so this will either be a cool flashback or a chance to listen and learn, depending on where you're from. I would attempt to explain 'freestyle' here, but after searching the web for some additional information, I realized there are varied viewpoints on the genre - so, instead, I point you to a good recap of all the various points at Wikipedia.
Today's song, by Debbie Deb, totally brings me back to skating at the roller rink as a kid - but, then again, most of these songs do."

No comments: