Monday, January 16, 2006

Stevie Wonder - "Cash In Your Face"

Stevie Wonder - "Cash In Your Face": "I realize that 'Happy Birthday' would, in most ways, be more appropriate to post this day (from the Stevie Wonder cannon), but I thought it was important to point this song out too. My mom played this album a ton when I was little and so this song was probably the first time I kind of understood discrimination. When you're a kid, you don't really grasp a lot of those kinds of issues, but I kind of picked it up through the story in Stevie's lyrics. I think it's good proof that songs with messages can still teach a person something. So while I hope everyone takes some time to reflect on MLK's birthday, I think we still have a lot of growing to do as a country, which is why this song's really important even today."

No comments: